Prospective Students


The Master of Public Policy (MPP) program educates the next generation of public policy experts and practitioners to meet the unique multifaceted challenges of the 21st century. The MPP program prepares graduates for careers analyzing, developing, implementing, and advocating for policy solutions. Under the mentorship of top-notch faculty – who are themselves important voices in the local, national and international policy community – graduates of the program hone their basic and applied research skills, sharpen their the ability to communicate effectively in the policy world, and tackle some of the most pressing problems in society.

Application Information

For admissions requirements please see our Admissions page or visit the Graduate Admissions site for additional information.

For international student applicants, please visit the International Students page of the Graduate Division and check out the International Center to view the various resources available at UCI.

Recruitment Events

Please check back during Fall 2018 for a list of recruitment events.

Campus Links

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When do applications open?        

A: September 15th for the following academic year.

Q. Do I need the GRE exam?

A. Regardless of whether you've taken the GMAT or LSAT, the GRE is required. GRE scores are good for 5 years; the exam must be repeated if scores are older. Only the general exam is required, we do not require a subject exam.

Q. How can I have my test scores (GRE and TOEFL) sent to UC Irvine?

At the time you register for the test, you should list UCI as a school to receive your scores. UCI’s institution code for ETS score reporting is 4859. If you did not include UCI on the request form when you took the test, you should contact ETS to request that your scores be sent to UCI, school code 4859.

Q. Can hard copies of my letters of recommendation be submitted?

A. Yes. Letters of recommendation can be submitted electronically via the Graduate Division application website or by mail to the department.

Q. May I submit more than three letters of recommendation?

A. You may submit more than three letters of recommendation. Please note that at least two of the three letters must be from faculty.

Q. Is there housing available for Graduate Students at UCI?

A. Yes, UC Irvine has several graduate housing communities. For more information, visit the graduate section of the UCI Housing webpage.

Q. How do I apply for financial support?

A. Applications who wish to apply for need based grants or loans will need to file a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Assistance) form through the UCI Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.